Last modified: February 21, 2015
At Bottle Bracket, Inc. ("we" or "Bottle Bracket"), we respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy. This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit our website at www.bottlebracket.com or on our mobile applications (collectively, our "Website") and how we use the information we collect, with whom we share it, how we protect it, and the choices we offer you regarding our collection and use of such information.
Please read this policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, please do not use our Website.
This policy does not apply to information collected by us offline or through any third party, including through any application or content that may link to or from the Website, such as wineries or our e-commerce applications.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website. When you register to use our Website or subscribe to purchase the Bottle Bracket game or any products off of our Website, you will be prompted to become a registered user by creating a Customer Account. When you create a Customer Account:
- You will directly provide us with personal information such as your name, email, phone number, shipping address and financial information such as your credit card number, expiration date, billing address and date of birth. This information is necessary in order for us to contact you to confirm orders, facilitate shipping and billing, and to confirm you are of legal age. This personal information will be saved to your Customer Account. You may your personal information on your Customer Account at any time.
- You will be required to provide a password for your Customer Account. You may edit your password at any time.
- Once you play Bottle Bracket, you will be prompted to upload your scores to your "Personal Profile" on your Customer Account. Your Personal Profile will also include your name (or a screenname you choose) as well as your location. Your scores will be saved to your Personal Profile. You may select whether you wish to share your Personal Profile (or any part thereof) with others using the Website, and you may change these preferences at any time. If you choose to have other users view your Personal Profile, you do so at your own risk and understand that unauthorized users may be able to access your Personal Profile.
- You may be able to sign into our Website via social networks or access social networks through our Website. If you do so, your use of the social network is governed by such social network's terms and conditions and privacy policies. If you sign into our Website via a social network or access a social network through our Website, you may be asked to grant Bottle Bracket access to certain information from your social network profile.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your computer and browsing actions, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
This is general information about your location and usage of the site, and we will not combine it with any personal information you provide to tell us who you are or what your email address is. We may use this non-personally identifiable information to improve and customize the Bottle Bracket content and products you see on our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Analytics. We also may use third-party website analytics tools (such as Google Analytics) that collect information about user traffic on our Website.
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products or services (including customer service responses) that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your Customer Account and subscription to Bottle Bracket.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website and additional products and wines.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website, such as uploading your scores to Bottle Bracket to your Personal Profile.
- To communicate with you about our promotions and other marketing campaigns.
Disclosure of Your Information
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of an acquisition of Bottle Bracket (whether by merger, asset sale, bankruptcy or otherwise).
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an e-mail address to use the "e-mail a friend to invite them to a Bottle Bracket game" feature of our Website, we will transmit the contents of that e-mail and your e-mail address to the recipients.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- To comply with applicable legal requirements and industry standards.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Bottle Bracket, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes (such as the wineries we partner with), you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data. You can also always opt-out by logging into your Customer Account and adjusting your user preferences checking or unchecking the relevant boxes.
- Marketing Emails from Bottle Bracket. If you do not wish to have your e-mail address used by us to promote our own or third parties' products or services, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data or at any other time by logging into the Website and adjusting your user preferences in your Customer Account by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes. If we have sent you a marketing e-mail, you may send us a return e-mail asking to be omitted from future e-mail distributions.
- Web Analytics. You may opt-out of the aggregation and analysis of data collected about you on our Website by our web analytics vendor by visiting https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout and downloading and installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions, such as credit card information, will be encrypted using SSL technology. Our third party e-commerce providers, who manage billing and payment processing for our site, also use SSL encryption technology.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where you have chosen a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Persons Under the Age of 21
Our Website is not directed to, and we do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from, anyone under the age of 21. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from anyone under the age of 21, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about anyone under the age of 21, please contact us at email@example.com.